Black Pencil Prize 2020
The winner of the Black Pencil Prize 2020 is
Andys Skordis (Cyprus) for his work “Uz...u”
Two Honorary Mentions:
Arda Yurdusev (Turkey): “Seyyah Trilogy”
Florence Anna Maunders (United Kingdom): “Bursting Out"
Finalists of the Black Pencil Prize 2020 (in alphabetical order):
* ANTHONY LEIGH DUNSTAN "quantum foam" for recorder, panflute, viola, accordion, percussion and reverb system.
* FLORENCE ANNE MAUNDERS "Bursting Out" for harpsichord, recorder, panflute, viola, accordion and percussion.
* GERMÁN MEDINA CALLE "Apocryphal" for harpsichord, recorder, panflute, viola, accordion and percussion.
* FINTAN O'HARE "So Sa Si" for recorder, panflute, viola, accordion and percussion.
* ANDYS SKORDIS “Uz...u” - ...lament for harpsichord, recorder, panflute, viola, accordion and percussion.
* ARDA YURDUSEV "Seyyah Trilogy" for harpsichord, recorder, panflute, viola, accordion and percussion
The Black Pencil Prize will be awarded to a new composition written for the instrumentation of the Black Pencil ensemble (recorder, panflute, viola, accordion, percussion), either with or without harpsichord
Composers of all ages and nationalities are invited to participate
The use of amplification, (live) electronics, video and/or theatrical elements is allowed
The duration should not exceed 10 minutes
There is no entrance fee
A professional studio recording of the winning composition
Performance of the piece during a selection of concerts of Black Pencil during the season 2020-2021
Additional prizes will be considered
15 November 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should supply:
A biography (in English) and recent photo of the composer
The score and parts of the piece, together with the necessary performance instructions in Pdf format
Midi file as a reference
Use your real name (pseudonym is not needed)
A composer can submit more than one composition
Please send your entry to: email@example.com
All members of the Black Pencil Ensemble
Ere Lievonen www.erelievonen.eu
The jury will choose 3 to 5 works to be performed from which the winning composition will be selected.
We reserve the right to make necessary changes.
PAST EDITION 2018
Photo: Co Broerse (2018)
Black Pencil Prize 2018, 1st Prize
Fred Momotenko: Danco Konsonanco
Black Pencil Prize 2018, Honorary Mention
Cinzia Nistico: Obscure alternatives